Find a home
All social housing is allocated by need. To apply for a property visit Homesearch.
- If you are homeless, or at risk of losing your home, then the sooner you contact us, the better we can help you.
- In office hours, you can call us on 0115 901 3681. If you are immediately homeless and our office is closed (overnight and weekends), please call our out of hours service for assistance on 0800 096 0306.
Homelessness Reduction Act: Duty to Refer
The public authorities subject to the duty to refer are under the Homelesness Reduction Act 2018 are:
- Youth offender institutions
- Secure training centres
- Secure colleges
- Youth offending teams
- Probation services (including CRC)
- Jobcentre Plus
- Social service authorities
- Emergency departments
- Urgent treatment centres
- Hospitals (inpatients)
These authorities are required to notify a housing authority of service users they consider may be homeless or threatened with homelessness (likely they will become homeless within 56 days).
Before making a referral, you must:
- Have consent to the referral from the individual
- Allow the individual to identify the housing authority in England which they would like the notification to be made to; and,
- Have consent from the individual that their contact details can be supplied so the housing authority can contact them regarding the referral
The ALERT portal enables public bodies to be able to refer relevant cases to the local authority.
Go to Alert Portal 〉
Who else can help?