Terms and Conditions
- Your DNA/Xtreme membership allows you access to fitness suites, exercise classes and public swim at Arnold, Calverton, Carlton Forum and Redhill Leisure Centres.
- Customers that pay by direct debit hold membership for each month that payments are made. Payment must be made for a month in advance.
- The joining fee and first months payment is due at the start of the membership and is non-refundable.
- Those entering into a 9-month term contract will need to make 9 months payments in total. After this point a direct debit payment will continue to be taken every month unless you cancel your membership.
- No refunds will be given to customers who wish to cancel an annual membership.
- If you wish to cancel your membership we require 30 days notice. Please notify your bank and ourselves.
- It you fail to maintain your payments in accordance with this agreement we reserve the right to cancel or suspend your membership and take any action available to us to recover any outstanding amounts.
- If you fail to pay under this agreement or if any direct debit is returned unpaid you shall pay the direct debit collection agency on demand an administration fee of £20
- If there is any change in monthly membership rates, prior notice will be given.
- If you are unable to make use of your membership for whatever reason, It is possible to freeze your membership at a rate of £5 per month. Completion of a suspension form is required to access this option and 10 days notice is required. Each case will be reviewed on an individual basis. The Council’s discretion will be final. Suspended months do not contribute to the duration of a minimum term 9-month contract. You have the right to suspend your membership once within a 12 month period.
- Junior Xtreme pay monthly members turning 17 years of age will automatically be transferred onto the adult membership and payments will be adjusted accordingly.
- Adults turning 60 years of age will automatically be transferred onto a concessionary membership. This applies to both Gedling Leisure Card and monthly membership DNA members.
- We reserve the right to charge DNA customers the normal standard rate for a booking if it is not cancelled 24hrs in advance. Activities can be cancelled online.
Gedling Leisure Card
- The Leisure Card is at all times the property of Gedling Borough Council and must be surrendered to the Council on demand. The Leisure Card is annually renewable with the exception of the junior card.
- Any loss of the Leisure Card shall be reported immediately to Gedling Borough Council.
- Replacement cards can be purchased from any Leisure Centre. This does not include annual renewals. See Price List for details.
- The Leisure Card is not transferrable and must be used only by the person for whom it was issued. If transferred it will be forfeited.
- The Leisure Card photograph must be a true likeness of the card holder at all times. The Council reserves the right to request a new photograph to be taken.
- Completion and signature of the Leisure Card / DNA membership application form will be held to constitute acceptance of these conditions including the requirement for a photograph.
- All changes to personal details must be disclosed to Gedling Borough Council’s leisure centres for leisure card holders and DNA members.
- No refunds for Gedling Leisure Cards will be given.
- Use of the facilities is subject to bookings and availability.
- It is essential that the card is presented at reception or kiosk on every visit.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to provide evidence that they qualify for a concessionary membership in order to receive the discounted rates and renew their membership.
- Concessions may not apply in the following circumstances: Group bookings or room hire, When a person entitled to the concessionary or junior rates shares an activity with a non-eligible person (i.e. Squash, badminton bookings), Courses, Sports Pitches, other items as specified in the published price lists
- Card holders can book activities up to 7 days in advance from 9am, by contacting reception or online at www.gedling.gov. uk/leisurebookings. Activities must be paid for at the time of booking (where applicable).
- Pay as you go customers must give at least 24hrs notice if they wish to cancel a pre-booked activity and receive a full refund. Failure to provide 24hrs notice will result in the forfeiture of the payment made for the activity. Activities can only be cancelled by contacting reception.
- We reserve the right to charge DNA customers the normal standard rate for a booking if it is not cancelled 2hrs in advance. Activities can be cancelled online at www.gedling.gov.uk/ leisurebookings.
- Facilities / activities may be withdrawn, restricted or altered due to maintenance, public holidays or programme reviews, where possible notice will be given to customers.
- The minimum age to join the fitness suite and classes is 14 years. Under 16s are not permitted to use free weights or attend group cycle classes.
- Carers of people with disabilities will be admitted free of charge where this is for the purpose of assisting the disabled person.
- Privacy Information: Gedling Borough Council is the Data Controller for any personal data you give to us. We will use the information provided by you for the purpose of providing your Gedling Leisure Card. You need to provide this information if you wish to enter into a contract with Gedling Borough Council for this purpose. The basis under which the Council uses personal data for this purpose is that this is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and the Council. [The information provided by you includes the following special categories of personal data, health and racial or ethnic origin. Information in these categories is used by the Council on the basis that you have given explicit consent, and in accordance with the provisions of the GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018]. Information including how long we retain your data, who we share it with and your rights can be found at www.gedling.gov.uk/leisure/privacy.
- Mailing List Information: If you have ticked to join our mailing list we will use the information provided by you for the purpose of providing regular update emails from the Council. Your information will be shared with TRP, who may contact you regarding your membership usage, to inform you of the Councils leisure offers and promotions and to conduct market research on our behalf. You are not obliged to provide this information. The basis under which the Council uses personal data for this purpose is with your consent. You have the right to remove your consent and unsubscribe at any time. Please note that our update emails may include advertising for third parties. Further information can be found at www.gedling. gov.uk/leisure/privacy.
- Gedling Borough Council accepts no responsibility whatsoever for customers property in the leisure facilities.
- Gedling Borough Council reserves the right to amend terms, conditions and policies.
- Gedling Borough Council operates a zero tolerance policy against aggressive and abusive behaviour towards staff and other members of the public. Gedling Borough Council reserves the right to refuse entry and / or to withdraw membership at any time.
- Any breach of these conditions will render the Leisure card holder liable to forfeiture
Free One Day Pass
Each customer joining the DNA scheme will be given 3 free one day passes to be given to friends and family. The terms and conditions for using a one day pass include:
- Limited to 1 per person in any 6 month period
- Can be used to access Gedling Leisure’s fitness suites, swimming pools and exercise classes in any one given day and excludes specialist sessions.
- Use is subject to booking and availability.
- Gedling Leisure accepts no responsibility whatsoever for customers property.
- The user will be issued a free Gedling Leisure Card if not already a card holder