If you're a business or individual based in the borough you'll need an Operator licence to be able to take telephone bookings.
Apply for a licence
Things to consider before applying
- If you're just starting out have you checked that you don't need to apply for change of use permission? You can find out more in our planing section.
- Private Hire Operator’s Licences are issued for either one or five years and the fee is based on the number of vehicles you intend to operate.
- On first application you will need to supply 2 business references. Please read through the form carefully to ensure you can provide all the information that is required.
- Check the cost of your licence.
- For more information read our Taxi licencing policy
Please use the form below to provide feedback about this webpage. To submit a complaint or compliment about one of our services, please see our Compliments and complaints page.