Animal Licensing

From 1 October 2018 animal licensing is changing 

You will require a licence if you:

  • Sell animals as pets
  • Provide for, or arrange for the provision of boarding for cats or dogs (including boarding in kennels, catteries, home boarding for dogs and day care for dogs)
  • Hire out horses (whether for riding lessons or not)
  • Breed dogs (3 litters a year or more)
  • Breed, keep or train animals for exhibition (including performance)

The Regulations will be changing and there are new conditions that include the standards you need to comply with, before a licence is granted or renewed.  Both the Regulations and conditions are reproduced below.

If you currently hold a licence with the Council, it will run until it's expiry date.

Further information and fees will be put here as soon as they are available.


Animal Licensing Regulations

Conditions - Breeding dogs

Conditions - Hiring out horses

Conditions - Keeping or training animals for exhibition

Conditions - Providing boarding for cats

Conditions - Providing boarding in kennels for dogs

Conditions - Providing day care for dogs

Conditions - Providing home boarding for dogs

Conditions - Selling animals as pets